OUR PEOPLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
We love our products and to this day our priorities stay the same: to make high quality products and give the best customer service possible.
At Pure Source we act with care and sensitivity towards our social, cultural, natural and economic environment. We strive to have a positive impact on everything that surrounds us. As a team we collectively identified our key areas of responsibility as an organisation as follows:
- Our team
- Our customers
- Our environment
- Our families
- Our community
Pure Source is a family owned and operated company with the third generation now coming through. Many family and friends have become involved over times which makes it feel like a home away from home. Find out more about us and our story.
All our products are packaged by hand by our amazing team based in Rotorua, New Zealand’s thermal wonderland. The sense of friendship also applies to our team. We like to hang out together on a regular basis including organised events such as sports activities, dinners, and attending local events. This has created a happy team culture and we all look after each other.
Our team is also always involved in many aspects of the company, for instance when developing a new product. Every new product and product line gets the input from all of us and when it reaches the shelf… we’re all share a proud sense of satisfaction.
We strive to be caring, inclusive, creative and innovative in all our dealings with our customers.
“Every great business is built on friendship” (JD Penney)
How can we not care for it, it is our future and we need to leave in the best possible state for future generations!
During our weekly meetings we briefly discuss new ideas and how to implement them.
Below are some of our contributions:
- We source products close to the warehouse where possible
- Geothermal heating
- Active re-cycle program
- Worm farm
- Unsold products are donated to Women’s Refuge and Salvation Army
- Our warehouse is located in town close to customers and town services
- Staff carpool to work
- Shower facilities at work for staff so they can walk or bike to work
We really strive for our company to be successful in the future as we have many employees and their families that rely on and have confidence in us. We must make sure that this confidence is not broken, as a successful business is built by successful and happy staff.
“We are our community and our community is us”
Simple and true. We use local people as much as possible. And not only that but we always are looking for ways to be part of our community.
These are some of the things we do:
- Donate Funds and staff to help Hospice fund raisers
- Donate Products and Gift Baskets for Fund Raising for local schools and sports groups
- Sponsor the Rotorua Museum extension
- Associated to the ‘Friends of the Rotorua Museum’
- Local talents used in product design
- Local Bee Society use our key location for town pickups and drop offs for society equipment
- Support local events
- Participated in the 2015 & 2016 Rotorua Tulip Festival
- Staff attend Mud Race & local relays as a team